As promised, once you turned in your SWOT analysis we are going to focus on the marketing plan assignment. One thing at a time, right? Here are the major components of the marketing plan and the rubric that will be used to grade it. This is presented here as an outline for your convenience, but for your assignment, you are to present it as a narrative. Ultimately you are gathering evidence to speak of a plan that integrates all elements of the marketing mix (product, price, promotion, people, processes or places)
- Organization's profile
- Provide a history of the organization
- Describe the industry
- Describe the products and/or services the marketing plan focuses on (PRODUCT)
- Name and describe the organization key competitors
- Explain why they are so
- Market segmentation and targeting
- What problem do the products and/or services solve?
- Describe the potential customers
- What are the key segments within this market?
- Identify and describe at least three segments this company serves
- Describe how they serve them
- How will you communicate this to them? (PROMOTION)
- What segment does the marketing plan focus on, and why? How does this segment will offer growth and opportunity? (PEOPLE)
- Speak if the macro environments that affect the organization
- Technological advancements
- SWOT Analysis
All this previous information should lead you to create a cohesive plan for integrating all elements of the marketing mix. Describe how you are doing so.
5. Marketing mix
- Process or places
Click here for the grading rubric.
Below are a couple of marketing plans by students. With their permission I made them publicYou can find more examples with feedback as well as the feedback for these videos on my youtube channel.
Thank you for providing this information. This clarifies what components are expected to be in the marketing plan. For the SWOT Analysis portion, should we be using the one we already created or should this be rewritten?ReplyDelete
Is there a page number requirement for the marketing plan?ReplyDelete
Thank you for this information. It has been very helpful in creating the marketing plan.ReplyDelete
Thank you for this Dr. Benavides. Was very helpful with setting and organizing the marketing plan.ReplyDelete
- Tyler UptergroveDelete
This marketing advice was very helpful. I am an entrepreneur for a small business and having this plan makes it easy to to improve when it comes to targeting to a particular audience or finishing up my website.ReplyDelete
10/25 ESPE 202160
These tips are very helpful. The SWOT analysis is very productive in order to make the marketing plan and business efficient. The outline of this plan is incredible and would be very useful for people trying to run a business!ReplyDelete
The tips regarding making a marketing plan were super helpful. Having a marketing plan is key to a successful business and must be well thought out. Using the tips listed above will be useful when ensuring you are ready to create your marketing plan.ReplyDelete
Allison Fisher 11/22
ESPE 6643 Current Readings Seminar
I am starting a clothing line, so these tips are very useful for me. Thank you.ReplyDelete
current reading 12/2/21
This was arguable the most helpful resource for the marketing plan. Detailed and specific instructions really helped the plan come together.ReplyDelete
ESPE Current Readings Seminar